Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hipsy's View: Joy n' The Rhythm System

If you are into the sounds of Alanis Morissette, KT Tunstall, Lee Safar, and Brandi Carlile, then I would recommend this band. Joy n' Rhythm System is an Indonesian Pop/ Indie Rock band that sounds amazing. Being a person that grew up listening to Morissette and Tunstall, along with bands like Creed, Matchbox 20, and Three Doors Down, I could certainly say this band is certainly within it's age group. In my opinion, music like this would be better to listen to than to heavy metal and Screamo*.
The band's single "Where Do I Go?" is very good, plus it carries an important message that is pointed out many times through songs, movies, and books: when we have lost someone dear to us (either through death or choosing a different lifestyle), we feel lost. Where do we go when we've ended a relationship with someone who we thought was the one? Where do we go when our closest friends move away to start a new life when we have stayed in the place we began? Where do we go when our loved ones have past away, leaving us feeling empty inside and unable to cope with life after they are gone? The message I get from the song though, is that things like this happen in life, and we will question ourselves and wonder which road to take after something like this has happen. But it is our decision, and whether we choose the right or wrong thing, it's something we will have to carry with us for the rest of our life.

But either than my personal view on the message behind the band's song, I find it be very good. It's certainly a song someone would be able to sing along to when they've listened to it over and over again. If you like any of the singers or bands I've stated within this blog, I would advice you to give Joy n' Rhythm System a listen.



*I am sorry if I have offended anyone with this comment, but this is blog, thus my opinion. And in my opinion, I'd rather hear instruments played the way they were meant to be played and I'd like to hear what the vocalist is singing instead of being yelled at throughout a whole song. There are only a few exceptions, but don't expect me to get into a debate about that with you.

5 comments:

  1. hear on http://www.reverbnation.com/joyntherhythmsystem

    or

    http://www.myspace.com/JRSsoulmate

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..i found them to be very good in fact..what i object to (and consequently did not respond to their mail..is bands that 'blanket' mail..ask for a review/comment/visit and support..yet do not return the courtesy..i am also an artist on reverbnation, but mail of this sort goes straight to the bin..although i did listen i couldn't be arsed replying/following up..including the fact they included a player which instantly goes on..yep good band..poor manners..support is a two way street..bmc*

    ReplyDelete
  3. as well as your opinion, the way for success in music is very difficult. every way promo made by a band that is not contracted by the label may be wrong (one of them by email.) maybe it's the only way for their music to be accepted and heard by the public. I also received an email from them, and they reply to a greeting, a comment that I gave to them. odd that if someone said that they were a good band but poor manners? Perhaps one of us who feel indifferent towards the emails coming into our inboxes, but we felt it was the greatest among them because we do not want to read the incoming email into our inbox and immediately throw it away. Good luck to us all. . . good luck to Joy n' The Rhythm System and beatmistresscait.

    ReplyDelete

The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe Reading 2022

Hello everyone! I have not forgotten this blog; I have a legit reason for not posting in such a long time. Since my last post, my job as an ...