Friday, September 24, 2010

Hipsy's View: Paul Butler

Of those who had read my blog on the band Ten Toes*, you know that I am a listener to new artists and music on reverbnation.com. The most recent musician I have been listening to is a man named Paul Butler, and I have to say, he has a style and sound of his own.
Paul is an unsigned musician at the moment and lives in Weston-Super-Mare, United Kingdom. His genre of music ranges in Folk, Country Rock, and Acoustic. He is definitely a musician you can call a "one-man show", mostly because he does most of the singing and instrument playing himself. If you would like to know more about him, go to the link posted down below, and give his music a listen.**
While listening to Paul's music, I feel a deep connection to the music. And I believe this is Paul's purpose; he wants the listeners to be connected to the lyrics. The tempo and rhythm of the guitar hooks the listener and takes hold of him/her. The lyrics are like the drug that someone takes in and lets it set within their bones. As you listen to the lyrics being whispered to you, you can't help but sing along with the musician and just watch the images the lyrics plant in your brain flash before your eyes.
This is another artist I can say is in my music library along with many other reverbnation artists. The song I recommend my viewers to listen to by Paul Butler is  Georgia Girl***.
Until next time, when I have chosen another topic for you all, enjoy reading my views and please feel free to leave comments (and not rude ones!) and become one of my followers. Thank you for reading my blog.
Hispy.


*http://hipsysview.blogspot.com/2010/09/hipsys-view-ten-toes.html
**http://www.reverbnation.com/paulbutler
***http://www.reverbnation.com/paulbutler#/artist/song_details/4251360

2 comments:

  1. Sky,
    I've just read this. I came into the Blog expecting another exciting encounter with Homer, Tolstoy, or whomever. This was unexpected, and is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome Paul. It was an honor to write this observation.

    ReplyDelete

The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe Reading 2022

Hello everyone! I have not forgotten this blog; I have a legit reason for not posting in such a long time. Since my last post, my job as an ...