Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hipsy's View: The Silent Comedy

Hey everyone. I know it's been awhile since I've given my opinion on music, and I'm sorry about that. Today, I am going to  treat you with a music/artist review. Now I have a question for you: have any of you seen that recent Dark Souls video game commercial that has the song "Oh, my God, please help me/Knee-deep in the river/I'm trying to get clean"? Well, that song is called "Bartholomew" and it's by a band named the Silent Comedy. This band is on Reverbnation, and they are becoming quite a popular band. Their genres are Folk, Alternative Country, and Rock. Another song of the band I like is called "Bones". When I heard "Bartholomew", it reminded me a little bit of the 1960s rock band Steppenwolf. 
The Silent Comedy is a great band. The band members are J. John, J. Benjamin, J. Michael, T. Brian, and A. David. The band originates from San Diego, CA. They also consider their music to be in the genre of terror-folk (which is a new term for me; I've never heard of it before). My personal favorite songs from them are "Bartholomew", "Bones", and "Poison". I would recommend their band to anyone, and am doing so through this blog.


If you would like to hear some of their music, you can either visit their Reverbnation page (http://www.reverbnation.com/thesilentcomedy), their home web page (http://www.thesilentcomedy.com/) or just view the video below. I hope you enjoy this band as much as I do. Until next time, keep an eye out for my blogs. 
Signing out, Sky aka Hipsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe Reading 2022

Hello everyone! I have not forgotten this blog; I have a legit reason for not posting in such a long time. Since my last post, my job as an ...