Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hipsy's View: Water for Elephants

The circus has just came into town, literally. Everyone in the nursing home is excited and cannot wait to go there with their families. Jacob Jankowski is extremely excited to go and see how much the show's changed since he was in two when he was a young man. As he waits for his family to come for him to take him to the show, he flashes back to the unplanned event that set him on the track of entering the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show On Earth.

I finished this great book three months ago. Most of you have heard of it, especially since it is a major motion picture now. It's Water for Elephants by the author Sara Gruen. I couldn't put it down. After reading it, I watched the movie. Both are quite entertaining. In my opinion of the movie, it was a bit cleaner than the book (I think this may be mainly because there would be -and will be- younger audiences watching this movie "about a circus!"), some things that weren't added should have been, and I think Robert Pattinson was perfect for the part of Jacob. And who couldn't love Rose, both in the movie and the book! I would have to say this is truly the first adult audience book I've read. What I mean is that people younger than me, of course, may have read it, but this novel is an adult book (21+). But I can't complain since enjoyed it so much. So, all my adult (and sometimes almost mature) viewers, if you want a book to read before watching the movie, I recommend Water for Elephants to you. Until again, keep reading, listening to music, watching movies, and checking my blog. You just find your next form of entertainment from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe Reading 2022

Hello everyone! I have not forgotten this blog; I have a legit reason for not posting in such a long time. Since my last post, my job as an ...