Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hipsy's View: Happy Halloween

Hello, my frightful ghouls and ghosts.
I'm mostly writing this blog to say Happy Halloween. Now "All Hallow's Eve" is a very popular holiday. In fact, it's the second most popular holiday known in the world, the first being Christmas. Many celebrate the holiday by dressing up (originally to scare off evil spirits), trick-or-treating (usually done by the poor who could not afford to buy a meal; in return, the poor would give the giving family a prayer to protect their home), and enjoying ourselves by going to parties, watching our favorite scary movies, and reading our favorite eerie poems and novels. Some of us have either all ready celebrated Halloween last night (on Devil's Night) or plan to do so tonight. I for one will be continuing my Halloween by reading Bram Stocker's Dracula, watching A Nightmare before Christmas, and just spend time with my family.

So to end this blog, I am hoping you all enjoy yourselves. Read Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven and The Tell-Tale Heart, watch your favorite classic horror film, and have fun dressing up as a vampire, a zombie, a ghost, a princess, WHATEVER you want to be. Have fun and stay safe tonight.
Happy Halloween!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe Reading 2022

Hello everyone! I have not forgotten this blog; I have a legit reason for not posting in such a long time. Since my last post, my job as an ...