Monday, October 4, 2010

Hipsy's View: John Malkovich

This is my first view on an actor, and is more than likely not the last.

John Malkovich, in my opinion, is one of the greatest actors known in today's entertainment society. Every character he brings to life is unique in its own way. One of my favorite characters Malkovich help bring to the movie screen was a character named Lenny. Lenny is a character from a book by John Steinbeck called Of Mice and Men. Lenny is mentally disabled, due to kick in the head by a horse when he was young. He's a big man who is more like child in his own way. In 1992, Malkovich starred in the the movie Of Mice and Men, along side with Gary Sinise (who also directed the movie). Just look at the video clip from the movie (the link after this paragraph) to see Malkovich's performance; those that have read the book may agree with me that his performance was great. http://movieclips.com/watch/of-mice-and-men-1992/lennies-dead-mouse/

One the thing I love about Malkovich's performances and portrayals is that he makes the viewers believe in the characters; the characters become real to us. We feel what we are suppose to: we feel fear for him and Mary in the movie Mary Reilly when he plays Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde; we feel sympathy and remorse for him in The Man in the Iron Mask because of how he lost his son Raul; we don't like him when he plays the bad guy on Eragon. These are just some of his characters! The main point I'm trying to show is that he is an exceptional actor whose portrayal of so many characters amazes me that I can't help but what to watch the movies he is in over and over again. If I ever had the chance to meet him in person, I would consider it an honor and a privilege to meet someone with great talent such as his.

The following link is to Mary Reilly, available on hulu.com (note: you must have an account through hulu to view this; it's meant for mature audiences only):
http://www.hulu.com/watch/174888/mary-reilly

2 comments:

  1. john malkovick is one of the greatest actors! the film of mice and men is sooooooo sad:( .... i love RED sooooo much! "olm man my ar*e!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenny was not kicked in the head. Read the book.

    ReplyDelete

The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe Reading 2022

Hello everyone! I have not forgotten this blog; I have a legit reason for not posting in such a long time. Since my last post, my job as an ...