Thursday, October 31, 2019

Come Little Children Halloween 2019



Happy Halloween everyone! This year (2019) I dressed up as the Mórrigan. The Mórrigan (are commonly called the Morrigan or Morrigu) is the phantom queen of Celtic Mythology. Being part of the Tuatha Dé Dannan, the Mórrigan is the wife of the Dagda, the Father-God and High King of the Tuatha. She is the mother of all magic, a shape-shifter, and is also associated as a triple goddess (usually seen as three women - a young maid, a motherly-figure, and a crone - and is either referenced as the goddesses Badb, Macha, and Nemain or the land goddesses Ériu, Banba and Fódla). The Mórrigan represents war, death, fate, and destiny, and she is usually associated with ravens, which tend to be seen at battles, waiting to feast on the dead (fun fact, the ravens may also be a connection to Norse Mythology, being all-seeing birds and companions of Odin).



Now I know the song in the video below has nothing to do with the Mórrigan or Celtic Mythology (plus my Gaelic is not that good yet to sing a traditional song), but it is a popular song played during Halloween, originating from the Disney classic Hocus Pocus. If you would please let me know what you think of the video, I would be grateful for your opinions.



I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Halloween. I will write another blog soon :).



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe Reading 2022

Hello everyone! I have not forgotten this blog; I have a legit reason for not posting in such a long time. Since my last post, my job as an ...